You acknowledge that the OnYourMark Education Site, including all trademarks, service marks and logos, are owned by or licensed to OnYourMark Education and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, and that you have no rights to transfer or reproduce the OnYourMark Education Site, or prepare any derivative works with respect to, or to disclose confidential information pertaining to, the OnYourMark Education Site. This Agreement does not transfer or convey any rights of ownership in or related to the OnYourMark Education Site, or intellectual property rights owned by OnYourMark Educationto you.
OnYourMark Education understands that it is important that our partner schools comply with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and related regulations. Certain information collected through your school that may be provided to OnYourMark Education that is directly related to a student and maintained by your school, may be considered an education record (“education record”) under FERPA.
You agree that you will not (and will not allow any third party to):
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, intimidating, abusive, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, disrespectful, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any materials transmitted through the OnYourMark Education Site;
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have the right to transmit under any law or under contractual relationships;
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or worms or any other computer code, files or programs designed to disable, interrupt, destroy, redirect, monitor another user’s usage, limit or otherwise inhibit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the OnYourMark Education Site or servers or networks connected to the OnYourMark Education Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the OnYourMark Education Site;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation; or
- Provide inaccurate information or impersonate another person or entity.
OnYourMark Education represents that it will comply with all applicable laws, including those related to protection of personally identifiable information stored and maintained through the OnYourMark Education Site.
FAMILY EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVACY ACT (“FERPA”)
OnYourMark Education may use education records that have been de-identified for product development, research or other purposes permitted by applicable law (“de-Identified data”), including: to demonstrate the effectiveness of the OnYourMark Education Site, including in our marketing materials; and develop and improve our educational products.
OnYourMark Education agrees not to attempt to re-identify the de-Identified data and not to transfer the de-Identified data to a third-party unless that party agrees not to attempt re-identification.
OnYourMark Education implements and maintains commercially reasonable security practices appropriate to the nature of the personally identifiable information collected and maintained through the OnYourMark Education Site, in order to protect such information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Such practices include, but are not limited to use of firewalls, encryption and authentication techniques. The Internet, however, is not perfectly secure, nor are all security risks reasonably foreseeable, and OnYourMark Education shall not be responsible for security incidents not reasonably within its control.
The Site may contain areas in which you may post reviews or make comments. By using these areas, you acknowledge and agree that the User Content you provide in these areas may be available to other users. OnYourMark Education is not liable for any statements, representations or comments provided by its users in any public forum. Although OnYourMark Education has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the comments posted to its Site, OnYourMark Education reserves the right to remove, edit or refuse to post such User Content you provide in these areas in its sole discretion.
You may also provide us with suggestions, comments or other feedback (“Feedback“) about our products and services. We may use Feedback for any purpose without obligation of any kind in connection with our business, including the enhancement of our products and the Site.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
The OnYourMark Education Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you believe that your child or student may have provided us with personal information without parental consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
CHANGES TO SITE
OnYourMark Education may add, change, discontinue or remove any portion of the OnYourMark Education Site at any time, without notice.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. EXCEPT FOR ANY EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN, ONYOURMARK EDUCATION AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, OR TITLE/NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED.
ONYOURMARK EDUCATION ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON THE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION PLATFORM, ANY FAILURES, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS IN THE SITE’S ACCESSIBILITY, ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, ANY CONDUCT BY OTHER USERS ON THE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION SITE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ONYOURMARK EDUCATION WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PRODUCTS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF ONYOURMARK EDUCATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF THOSE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT OR SOFTWARE, THE COST OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA, INFORMATION, ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SITE, OR STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THE SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT OR SOFTWARE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION SITE IS PREDICATED UPON YOUR WAIVER OF ANY RIGHT TO SUE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION OR ITS AFFILIATES DIRECTLY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE ONYOURMARK EDUCATION SITE.
CERTAIN STATE JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
We will provide you any notices regarding the OnYourMark Education Site by posting the notice on the Site, as applicable.
APPLICABLE LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
We control the OnYourMark Education Site from our offices within the United States. We make no representation that the OnYourMark Education Site is appropriate, legal or available for use in other locations. You may not use or export the Content in violation of United States export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the OnYourMark EducationSite shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without reference to its choice of law provisions. If there is a dispute between you and us, you expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue reside in the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, CA.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
If you believe that materials hosted by OnYourMark Education infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the materials be removed. The Notice must be provided in writing and must include the following information:
- A signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- The location of the work you claim is infringing (e.g., URL) or enough detail that we may find it;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Notices should be sent to: email@example.com